Here are my remaining five tips to nutritional success:
6. Avoid fruit juices, sodas and other sugary beverages. Drink a ton of water.
7. Eat wholes foods instead of supplements whenever possible. I see people relying on protein bars way too much. One a day is alright. Also be sure to check the ingredients of these bars. They may not be as healthy as you think they are.
8. Plan ahead and prepare meals in advance. If you do not know what your next meal is, chances are it will be that 1500 calorie Whopper or Big Mac.
9. Eat a wide variety of foods. You should be getting your nutrients from a bunch of sources.
10. Supplement with fish oil. I do not know why people are still missing the boat with fish oil. The benefits are numerous: cardiovascular health, reduced joint pain, increased insulin sensitivity, etc..
I’ll be the first one to tell you that following all of these tips is not easy. If it was, there would be no McDonald’s and everyone would have the six-pack of a cover model. But it can be done. It requires discipline. It requires awareness. It requires preparation. Good luck.