According to estimates, calorie containing beverages are the fourth largest source of calories in the average American’s diet. These beverages include sodas, energy drinks, sports drinks and sweetened bottled water. In addition these calories usually come from nothing more than added sugars that do nothing but impair health and increase inflammation. Some examples of these calorie-containing beverages are:
- Pepsi (12 oz) – 150 calories
- Orange juice (8 oz) – 110 calories
- Red wine (5 oz) – 120 calories
- Coors Light (12 oz) – 102 calories
- Frozen margarita (12 oz) – 300 calories
So instead of downing calorie containing beverages focus on drinking more water or unsweetened beverages such as tea, unsweetened iced tea or seltzer water.