….favorite people to watch at the gym.
- The guy who wears the weight belt the entire time. Whether he’s doing concentration curls, leg presses or checking himself out in the mirror, he’s got his old leather weight lifting belt from 1976 on. The only thing the belt is actually good for is holding in his gut.
- The Muscle & Fitness Guru. Usually a guy, he’s telling everyone about the latest chest workout he just came across. 5 sets of bench presses, 5 sets of incline presses, 5 sets of machine chest presses, 5 sets of dumbbell flys and 5 sets of push ups. All sets are done in the high rep range. Yet, you take a look at this guy and he has not gotten stronger or bigger in the last 10 years. Please do not take any advice from this guy.
- The Functional Trainer. No, I’m not talking about the machine. I’m talking about the trainer that has everyone of his or her clients doing some type of balancing act on the Bosu Ball. Never mind that the client has a hard time doing any type of exercise on solid ground. And every cue is “Use your abs”. It doesn’t matter if you’re squatting, doing some overhead presses or grabbing a sip of water between sets. “Use your abs”.
- The Cardio Freak. They joined the gym to use nothing but the cardio equipment. They don’t even know where the free weight area is. They just figured since they’re moving and usally it’s for 90 minutes, that they’re doing something good for themselves. What they don’t realize is that they could be doing something more productive if they put down the magazine or worked a bit harder or picked up a weight. All that time they’re putting in and their body shape or composition never changes. And what they don’t realize is that all this cardio work is helping them hold onto body fat.
- The Spandex Guy. This guy needs a style make over more than he needs a personal trainer. Wearing spandex with white tube socks and black Reebok high tops went out in 1984. Actually, I don’t even know if it was ever in. I’ll just assume that since this guy’s workout clothes are out dated that his workout routine is also.