Before considering any supplement, take a look at your overall nutrition. If you are guilty of such things as skipping breakfast, not ingesting protein at each feeding or routinely passing on fruits and vegetables, supplementation may not be the answer to your nutrition issues. Aim to improve your nutrition before you search out for supplements. With that being said, people who are pretty good with their nutrition and are active on a regular basis may be lacking essential macro- and micro-nutrients. Or maybe they want to accelerate their fat loss, enhance recovery or bolster their overall health. In these cases you may want to consider one or more of the following supplements:
- Fish Oil: can help with cardiovascular health, joint health, cognitive function and fat loss.
- Protein Supplement: can help bring up your overall protein intake, which should be around 1g/lb of body weight for an active individual. Will also help speed up recovery.
- Multivitamin: can help bring up micro-nutrient deficiencies for optimal overall health.
- Greens Supplement: provides antioxidant support especially when regular fruit and vegetable intake is not optimal.
- Green Tea Extract: provides anti-oxidants along with the benefit of stimulating your metabolism.
To pick up one or more of these supplements check out Prograde.com.