One of the best glute exercises, yet one of the toughest glutes exercises, is the single leg bench bridge. Since it can be a tough exercise this is not an exercise I would throw at a client right away. This is an exercise we would progress up to and the progression to follow is pretty simple: bench bridge hold to bench bridge to single leg bench bridge.
- Week One: Bench Bridge Hold 2-3 sets of 30s
- Week Two: Bench Bridge Hold 2-3 sets of 45s
- Week Three: Bench Bridge Hold 2-3 sets of 60s
- Week Four: Bench Bridge 3 sets of 12 reps
- Week Five: Bench Bridge 3 sets of 15 reps
- Week Six: Bench Bridge 3 sets of 20 reps